4 Pets Clinic
Pet owners periodically call to ask if they should bring their pet to the veterinarian so we created this list of common signs that your pet is sick. If you believe that your pet may be sick, or have any doubt, please call us immediately for an appointment at 440-327-0100.
Signs Your Pet May Be Sick.
• New discharge from the eyes
• Dry, red or cloudy eyes
• Labored breathing or panting
• Coughing or Sneezing
• Nasal discharge
• Black or yellow discharge in the ear
• Any sudden unexplained change in eating or drinking: A ravenous hunger or thirst or not eating or drinking are causes for concern.
• Bad Breath is a sign of a mouth infection, dental problems or stomach issues.
• Vomiting: Pets vomit now and then but if the vomiting continues, there is cause for concern.
• Gums are usually pink. If the gums are blue, gray, purple or bright red, there is probably a problem.
• Shaking head constantly.
• Change in activity level, either more or less active. Lethargy or agitation.
• Sleeping more than normal.
• Stops playing, greeting you at the door or other common behaviors
• Has trouble getting up, going up or down stairs or walking distances.
• Lack of coordination or walking in circles.
• Dazed look.
• Suddenly doesn't answer when called.
• Parasites such as fleas and ticks
• Dry skin, scratching or patches of fur missing
• Lumps, bumps or scratches
• Changed behavior
• More frequent urination or defecation
• Suddenly urinating or defecating in the house
• Inability to urinate
• Blood in the urine
• Signs of worms in the defecation
These are only some of the signs of problems. If you have any doubt, call us for an appointment at 440-327-0100.